We are pleased to announce Summer Institute 2020! Join us for our annual program offering week-long intensive courses in letterpress printing, hand bookbinding, artists’ books, lettering and paper arts taught by some of the foremost book artists working today.
Register online here.
Week 1 — July 12 – 18, 2020
• Writing & Setting the Times – Tia Blassingame and Tonya Foster
• All New Alphabets – Clare Jones
• Macrostructures of Punctuation: Bookbinding for the Self-publisher – Woody Leslie
• Reduction Introduction: Reduction Woodcuts on the Vandercook Press – Val Lucas
• Poured and Shaped Paper: Large Sheet Formation – Heather Peters
• Books in a Box – Jenna Rodriguez
Week 2 — July 19 – 25, 2020
• Typecasting and Monotype Composition – Michael & Winifred Bixler / The Bixler Press & Letterfoundry
• Vegetable Papyrus: making sheets and ornamental sculpted objects – Tracey Cockrell
• Single Sheet Books: Imposing, Printing, Editioning – Amanda D’Amico
• Leather Binding Fundamentals – Karen Hanmer
• Light, Paper, Print: Experimental Photographs from the Natural World – Nick Marshall
• Vandercook Week: Maintenance and Presswork – Paul Moxon
Course Descriptions and Faculty Information can be found here. Register online here.