Amos Paul Kennedy Jr. will be in residence on campus conducting a week-long series of events co-sponsored by The Wells Book Arts Center, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, the String Room Gallery and the Wells College Scholar-In-Residence program.
Visual Noise features poster prints by acclaimed letterpress printer and book artist Amos Paul Kennedy, Jr. Renowned for his bold use of typography and renegade letterpress technique, Kennedy has built a forceful, witty, and subversive creative practice centered on calling attention to past and present experiences of race, labor, art, and printing. While his work is widely exhibited and held in collections, he ensures access to his posters by selling them at affordable prices. Visual Noise will culminate with a “Cash & Carry” event, with all posters available for purchase.
All are welcome to join Kennedy at the following public events during his residency:
- Open Printing Drop-In Session: April 15, 3:30-6:00 p.m. — Morgan Hall
- Open Printing Drop-In Session: April 16, 3:30-6:00 p.m. — Morgan Hall
- Tea Time with Amos: April 17, 3:00 PM — Zabriskie Hall, Room 306
- Documentary Film Screening, Proceed and Be Bold: April 17, 7:00 p.m. — Stratton Hall Room 209
- Artist Talk, Talkin’ Loud and Sayin’ Nothin‘: April 18, 6:00 p.m. — Stratton 209
- Closing Reception and Cash & Carry, Visual Noise: April 19, 6:30—8:00 p.m. — String Room Gallery